WSO–Certified Hazardous Materials Technician Level I, WSO-CHMT I. Written Examination required.Learn more about the exam here
A) Objective: To provide evaluation of a hazardous material worker or first responder with the necessary skills and knowledge to detect, identify and classify hazardous materials; evaluate the level of risk associated with hazardous materials/waste and handle minor incidents.
B) Application Requirements: An applicant must be
- a current WSO Affiliate Member,
- be of good moral character,
- meet application requirements,
- satisfy the educational and experience criteria, and submit the required fees.
- All applications for certification shall be on forms prescribed and furnished by the Board. Processing shall conform with procedures prescribed by the Board. This is the only WSO designation awarded by “Certification through Documentation.”
C) Requirements for International Certification Level: Completion of a training program of approximately 30 to 40 hours in the following general areas:
Introduction to hazardous materials. Learn more aboutexam referent books
- Recognition, identification and classification of hazardous materials.
- Safety consideration in working with hazardous materials.
- Procedures of incident response to hazardous materials.
- Control methods, agents and material usage in hazardous materials handling or incidents.
- Successfully completed 6 months field work covering all of the above.
D) Minimum Experience Requirements:
- The WSO International Hazardous Materials Certification Program, Levels I requires a minimum training time of approximately 2 weeks to a maximum of 20 weeks extending over one to two years (including internship time).
- The Level I can be achieved in approximately one week of five eight hour training days and a six months internship.
For Any further question, You can contact our firstname.lastname@example.org